The Department of Electrical Engineering strives to continue its success in innovation and research through the participation and inclusion of students, post-docs, and faculty from diverse backgrounds, experiences, religions, ethnicities, identities, genders, sexual orientation, and rationales. We recognize diversity along many axes as central and critical to our mission to provide an inclusive environment and culture where all are welcomed, respected, and valued.
We Strive for
- Diversity of interests and research topics, from applied physics, to medicine, mathematics, statistics, and computer science.
- Diversity of research styles, from basic science, to engineering and experimental; from theorists, to designers, and makers.
- Providing diverse mentorship that is holistic, supportive, empowering, and dynamic.
Additional Resources in the EE Department
- EE Department Committees
- Overview of EE undergraduate program. Associate Chair of Undergraduate Education, Prof. John Pauly.
- Overview of EE MS Admissions and EE PhD Admissions
- Overview of EE-specific Student Organizations, Engineering-specific, and all Student Organizations.
- Application Fee Waiver & Financial Assistance for EE MS Application and EE PhD Application
Additional Resources within Stanford University
- Stanford School of Engineering, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Stanford Diversity and Access Office
- Stanford Diversity Works Resource Directory
- Stanford Black Community Services Center
- Stanford El Centro Chicano y Latino
- Stanford Queer Student Resources
- Stanford First-Gen and/or Low Income (FLI)
- Stanford BEAM Career Catalysts
- Stanford Graduate Life Office
- Stanford Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- The Institutional Research & Decision Support (IR&DS) provides Data & Findings across all of Stanford
- The American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) provides additional statistics, such as:
- Inside Stanford Engineering > Analytics (SUNet login required)
- Stanford Faculty Quality of Life Survey (SUNet login required)
- National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES) collects, interprets, analyzes, and disseminates objective data on the science and engineering enterprise.
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education.