The Culture, Equity, and Inclusion (CEI) Committee is dedicated to immediate and sustainable action in making Stanford’s EE community more equitable and inclusive for all students, staff, and post-docs. A diverse community is a stronger community, and we recognize that the EE department needs to take urgent action in addressing the systemic barriers that underrepresented groups face in Electrical Engineering. This committee aims to identify concrete goals to establish long-term change within Stanford’s Department of Electrical Engineering. Comprising faculty, staff, and both undergraduate and graduate students, the CEI committee aims to connect student experiences and perspectives to departmental heads within EE and the School of Engineering. We seek to better understand the needs of all students to advise the department on how it can best achieve this mission.
The committee meets several times throughout the quarter to discuss current goals and future endeavors. We are currently working on undergraduate recruitment and support for underrepresented minority students, updating the EE advising program, and connecting to student groups that support students of marginalized identities.
We invite all members of the EE community to participate in creating a more welcoming environment for students and staff now and in future years. We welcome all feedback, ideas, questions, or concerns via our feedback form, linked below.
Give Feedback to CEI Committee
CEI Committee Members
Additional Resources in the EE Department
- EE Department Committees
- Overview of EE undergraduate program. Associate Chair of Undergraduate Education, Prof. John Pauly(link sends e-mail).
- Overview of EE MS Admissions and EE PhD Admissions
- Overview of EE-specific Student Organizations, Engineering-specific, and all Student Organizations.
- Application Fee Waiver & Financial Assistance for EE MS Application and EE PhD Application
Additional Resources within Stanford University
- Stanford School of Engineering, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Stanford Diversity and Access Office
- Stanford Diversity Works Resource Directory
- Stanford Black Community Services Center
- Stanford El Centro Chicano y Latino
- Stanford Queer Student Resources
- Stanford First-Gen and/or Low Income (FLI)
- Stanford CareerEd diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging resources
- Stanford Graduate Life Office
- Stanford Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- The Institutional Research & Decision Support (IR&DS) provides Data & Findings across all of Stanford
- The American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) provides additional statistics, such as:
- Inside Stanford Engineering > Analytics (SUNet login required)
- Stanford Faculty Quality of Life Survey (SUNet login required)
- National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES) collects, interprets, analyzes, and disseminates objective data on the science and engineering enterprise.
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education.