EE Program Manager
The Electrical Engineering (EE) Department is seeking an administrative Program Manager. In this role, you will partner with the faculty director and the Engineering Research Administration group on the management and administrative operations of a large government research contract. In addition, you will provide administrative support to faculty with joint EE and CS (Computer Science) appointments. As program manager, you will have responsibility for the research program’s operations including financial oversight and administration, planning of several annual review/workshop sessions and website creation/maintenance. You will also provide faculty support which involves travel arrangements, calendaring, student, visitor, course support, and finance management. If you are an organized, supportive individual, with financial experience and can communicate easily with a diverse group of people, then this role may be perfect for you.
To be considered, applicants must submit a resume AND cover letter.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor to establish priorities and identify and resolve problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; manage contracts, invoicing, budgeting and forecasting, along with producing, monitoring and reconciling all non-sponsored accounts for the faculty.
- Manage and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing and operating complex conferences, seminars, workshops and events, which includes arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Execute purchases as needed, ranging from office supplies and caterers to capital equipment, reconciles PO’s and works with the procurement team to identify and resolve any issues.
- Act as the steward of department Purchasing Card(s), process travel reimbursements and verify transactions.
- Work with Research Finance Administrators to charge Research Assistantships appropriately to both sponsored and non-sponsored accounts.
- Work with the department’s student service and staffing team for hiring/processing appointments for visitors, postdocs, and students.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Other duties may also be assigned.