The Electrical Engineering department offers a program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with Honors. This program offers a unique opportunity for qualified undergraduate majors to conduct independent study and research at an advanced level with a faculty mentor, graduate students, and fellow undergraduates.
- Submit an application, including the thesis proposal, by autumn quarter of senior year signed by the thesis advisor and second reader (one must be a member of the Electrical Engineering faculty).
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 3.5 in Electrical Engineering courses.
- Complete at least 10 units of EE 191 or EE 191W with the thesis advisor for a letter grade. EE 191 units do not count toward the required 60 units, with the exception of EE 191W if approved to satisfy WIM.
- Submit one final copy of the honors thesis approved by the thesis advisor and second reader to the EE Degree Progress Officer by May 15.
- Attend poster and oral presentation held at the end of spring quarter or present in another suitable forum approved by the faculty advisor.
Fill out the EE Honors Application Form.
Degree Progress Officer