IT Virtual Office Hours
IT support is available for Students, Faculty, and Staff. Please schedule a time to meet via Zoom.
- Email email@example.com to request Zoom information and password; this procedure is to protect the meeting from unauthorized attendees
In order to connect to the wired and wireless networks of the Electrical Engineering buildings (David Packard, Allen/Allen-X, Gates, Spilker), your computer needs to be registered in the network database. To initiate the registration process, please fill out the applicable form via the following links:
- Packard/Allen Wired and Wireless Network - Available on-campus or VPN-connected networks only.
- Gates Wired and/or Wireless Network
- Spilker Wired and/or Wireless Network - TBD
The following wireless networks are accessible (by building):
- David Packard: Stanford, Stanford Visitor, eduroam
- Allen/Allen-X: Stanford, EE-WiFi, Stanford Visitor, eduroam
- Gates Computer Science: Stanford, CS.Stanford.edu
- Spilker: Stanford, Stanford Visitor, eduroam
Description of Wireless Networks:
- Stanford: the university-wide wireless network (for Stanford affiliates and sponsored guests)
- Stanford Visitor: self-registered visitor wireless network (Internet access only)
- eduroam: inter-institutional secure wireless service for higher education institution affiliates
Instructional Labs / Safety
Instructional Computing and IT Support -- includes instructional cluster and software details
Basic Lab Safety (PDF)
Learning Technologies & Spaces
- Access to MacOS and Windows cluster machines located on campus (requires VPN or on campus internet connection)
Poster Printing Service
We now have a FREE full-service poster printing service, for use by EE department affiliates and to students enrolled in EE courses that require a final poster presentation. To use this service you must be listed as a Stanford Electrical Engineering affiliated author on the submitted poster..
- To have your poster printed, send your poster in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please include the dimensions (size) of your poster.
- Please include the class / conference / event where the poster will be presented.
- weekdays (Monday through Friday) from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific time.
- on a first-in, first-out basis
General Systems & Network Support
If general support is needed for computing and networking issues in the EE buildings, send an e-mail to email@example.com. For more specific support/guidance, please contact the following staff (by building):
- Packard Network Manager: John DeSilva (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Allen/Allen-X Network Manager: Thomas Carlson (email@example.com)
- Gates Network Manager (EE faculty/staff): Joe Little (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Spilker Network Manager: Garrett Funk (email@example.com)
Stanford IT Services Resources
EE affiliates can get support/guidance on these services provided by Stanford IT university-wide:
Personal Website Resources
Stanford IT Services now heavily favors Drupal as the primary web platform for new university-related websites. This site uses the Drupal open source Content Management System (CMS). All Stanford affiliates are strongly encouraged to use the Stanford Sites service to support their university work, which installs a Drupal-ready web framework on a university server. Site owners can assign authoring, editing and publishing tasks to anyone they'd like without the need to know any programming languages.
For larger university groups, several Stanford-themed Drupal templates are available from IT services.
For questions about Drupal and its use across campus, please visit and become part of the Stanford Tech Commons.
Other Web & Collaboration Tools
Stanford IT Services provides many useful web-based tools and services to manage documents and online content, in addition to Drupal, including WordPress, document management (Box), forms, survey tools and more.