The EE department accepts Course Assistant (CA) applications for each quarter and summer session. In order to be considered for a CA appointment, students must complete the CA application by answering all of the questions to the best of their knowledge and ability. Students must also indicate all of the courses that they're comfortable and confident in CAing on the form. Once the application is submitted, students will be able to update or edit the information provided up until the application deadline.
- Anyone wishing to be considered for a CAship MUST submit an application (this includes current CAs). Students should not assume that they have a CA appointment just because an instructor told them that they are his/her choice. Only students who have submitted an application will be considered.
- Students who wish to hold course assistantships also must be screened for English proficiency if they are from countries where English is not the primary or first language. These students should contact the Language Center for an appointment, and take an introductory undergraduate engineering textbook to the appointment. The screening consists of a simulated office-hour conversation (about 30 minutes) between a CA and an undergraduate student. The student being screened does not need to prepare for the screening. No exceptions are allowed to this requirement. Failure to comply may result in the delay or loss of an appointment.
- An email will be sent to EE students forum list when the application opens.
Students can apply to be a Course Assistant if the application chart says the quarter/session is "open."
- ONLINE APPLICATION: gradapps.stanford.edu/ClassMgmt
Proposed CA Quarter Application Deadline
- Winter 2022-2023: 10/31/22–11/15/22 (October 31, 2022 through November 15, 2022)
- Spring 2022-2023: 01/23/23–02/05/23 (January 23, 2023 through February 05, 2023)
- Summer 2022-2023: 04/17/23–04/30/23 (April 17, 2023 through April 30, 2023)