EE students who discontinued their graduate program for any reason must apply to be reinstated in order to re-enroll. Reasons your program was discontinued may include failing to be enrolled by the study list deadline or taking an unapproved leave of absence. Students are encouraged to contact the Associate Director of Graduate Admissions (Packard 176) to discuss their situation in detail.
• Applications from U.S. citizens/permanent residents are due three (3) weeks prior to the first day of the quarter of re-enrollment.
• Applications from international students are due five (5) weeks prior to the first day of the quarter of re-enrollment.
• Start dates for each quarter may be found on Stanford's Academic Calendar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following materials to the below address:
Department of Electrical Engineering
Attn: Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
350 Serra Mall, #176
Stanford, CA 94305-9505
- Application for Reinstatement in Graduate Study
- Statement of Purpose: Explain why you wish to return to the program. You may use the form in the Application for Reinstatement in Graduate Study or submit a separate document.
- Transcripts: Any coursework you have taken since the time you left Stanford.
- Letter of Support (Ph.D. and Engineer’s degree applicants only): This letter from an EE faculty member must state the faculty’s willingness to supervise and provide financial support for your Ph.D./Engineer’s degree research. Students cannot be reinstated to the Ph.D. or Engineer’s degree program before getting the approval and support from an EE faculty advisor.
- Reinstatement Fee ($125): The resinstatement fee ($125) is only applicable to those applicants who are successfully reinstated. Reinstated students will be billed for the $125 fee on their next university bill.