Applying to the REU Program
- Review the available REU projects for 2014: REU 2014 Project Descriptions
- Apply at the following link: REU 2014 Student Application
- The application deadline has been extended to 2/18/14. The original application dates were 1/17/14 to 2/10/14.
- If you have any questions about the application or the logistics of the REU program, email Meo Kittiwanich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for the Application
- Before you fill out the application, review the available projects and select up to 8 preferences, including your first choice. First choice preferences are optional. Each number represents a project number (i.e. 1 = project 1; 2 = project 2). To submit your choices, you will need to use the following numbering scheme: 0 = not interested; 1 = interested (select up to 8); 2 = first choice (optional).
- There will be two essay questions. Prepare your answers on a separate document. After you complete the essay questions, fill out the application. It will be easier to copy and paste your answers. There is no minimum or maximum limit to the essay questions; however, your answers are heavily weighted in the application process. The essay questions can be viewed by clicking on the application link.
- Adding attachments: Please upload your resume and transcript as PDF documents entitled, "Transcript_Last name, First name" and "Resume_Last name, First name".
- Please note that if you submit the form and you have to go back and fill in required fields, you must upload the attachment again. If the form was not correctly filled out, the attachment will disappear when the form is reloaded.
- Once the application is submitted, changes cannot be made.