Electronic circuits and systems design is the focus, ranging from low frequencies to mm-wave and THz. Research is application driven and incorporates a wide range of technologies ranging from emerging nano and MEMS devices, nano-CMOS and BiCMOS processes, as well as discrete electronics for power conversion. Examples include:
- Mixed-signal integrated circuit design (data converters, sensor interfaces, imaging and selected areas of bio-instrumentation);
- RF and mm-wave integrated circuit design (wideband communication systems, microwave and millimeter-wave imaging, phased arrays, integrated antennas);
- Power electronics (switch-mode converters, resonant converters, automotive applications);
- Analog and digital circuit design for emerging nanotechnologies, including aspects of design methodology, validation and test, and robust circuits and systems;
- Silicon technology modeling both for digital and analog circuits, including optoelectronic/RF applications, bio-sensors and computer-aided bio-sensor design, wireless implantable sensors.