"This is a fascinating area of research with deep scientific questions. Once you get into the details you quickly realize that this area will generate many PhD theses across all of computer science and beyond."
- Professor Dan Boneh
Founded in 2018, CBR's primary mission is to support the thriving blockchain ecosystem by developing new technologies needed to advance the field by bringing together engineering, law, and economics faculty, as well as post-docs, students, and visitors, to work on technical challenges in the field.
CBR has built an extensive education and outreach program, including on-campus courses, student groups (Blockchain Club and Blockchain Collective), MOOCs, workshops, and conferences for the general blockchain community.
RELATED AT STANFORD
- The Science of Blockchain Conference 2022 (CBR's 5th) will take place January 24 through 26, 2022. Call for papers closes November 23, 2021.
- Cyber Policy Center - cyber.fsi.stanford.edu
- The Stanford Center for Blockchain Research - cbr.stanford.edu
- Stanford Journal of Blockchain Law & Policy - stanford-jblp.pubpub.org/about
- Engineering News, Stanford computer scientists launch the Center for Blockchain Research, June 2018.
- EE News, Cyber Initiative tackles pressing issues in cybersecurity, governance and the future of work, September 2017.
- EE News, Professors Boneh and Mitchell part of the Stanford Cyber Initiative, January 2015.