Three staff members each received a $50 Visa card in recognition of their extraordinary efforts as part of the department’s 2014 Staff Gift Card Bonus Program. The EE department received several nominations in January, and nominations from 2013 were also considered.
Following are January’s gift card recipients and some of the comments from their nominators:
Ann Guerra, Faculty Administrator
- “She is very kind to students and always enthusiastic to help students… every time we need emergent help, she is willing to give us a hand.”
- “Ann helps anyone who goes to her for help with anything, sometimes when it’s beyond her duty.”
Teresa Nguyen, Student Accounting Associate
- “She stays on top of our many, many student financial issues, is an extremely reliable source of information and is super friendly.”
- “Teresa’s cheerful disposition, her determination, and her professionalism seem to go above and beyond what is simply required.”
Helen Niu, Faculty Administrator
- “Helen is always a pleasure to work with.”
- “She goes the extra mile in her dealings with me, which is very much appreciated.”
The School of Engineering once again gave the EE department several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond. More people will be recognized next month, and past nominations will still be eligible for future months. EE faculty, staff and students are welcome to nominate a deserving staff person by visitinghttps://gradapps.stanford.edu/NotableStaff/nomination/create.