Four EE staff members each received a $50 Visa card in recognition of their extraordinary efforts. Staff are recognized from nominations made by faculty, students and staff. Each month, nominations are collected and previous nominations are also considered.
Following are November and December's 2014 Staff Gift Card Bonus Program Recipients, as well as some comments from their nominators:
Fely Barrera, Faculty Administrator and
Beverly Davis, Faculty Administrator (nominated jointly)
- "They both went above and beyond to prepare and organize a visit from NSF. The event was quite complicated and it was handled extremely well."
- "The event required detailed orchestration, and together, Fely and Beverly handled every detail in an extraordinary way."
Darlene Hadding, Program Manager
- "Darlene takes the time and does everything she can to help students feel happier and more comfortable."
- "I appreciate how much she really cares about her students."
Meo Kittiwanich, Academic Services Specialist
- "Meo did a great job organizing EE's REU program last summer. With her leadership, the REU program goes beyond expectations and is a great experience for our undergrad students."
- "She's incredibly friendly, and it seems that her door is always open and she is happy to help."
- "I recognize that Meo goes the extra mile. She is prompt in answering my queries on administrative process, and helps me achieve deadlines."
The Staff Gift Card Bonus Program is sponsored by the School of Engineering. Each year, the EE department receives several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond their role. Each month, staff are chosen from nominations received from faculty, students, and staff. Past nominations are eligible for future months. EE faculty, staff and students are welcome to nominate a deserving staff person by visiting https://gradapps.stanford.edu/NotableStaff/nomination/create.
Be sure to recognize the staff member, or members, that help in your accomplishments!