Please join us in congratulating the Electrical Engineering staff recognized for their outstanding effort – Vickie Carillo, Steven Clark, Ann Guerra, Kara Marquez, and LaToya Powell.
Each of them received nominations from peers, faculty and/or students who included descriptions of the staff member's professionalism that goes above and beyond their everyday roles. Staff gift card recipients make profound and positive impact in the department's everyday work and academic environment. Nomination link.
Please join us in acknowledging the extraordinary work being done by Vickie, Steven, Ann, Kara, and LaToya!
Modified excerpts from their nominations follow.
Vickie Carillo, Administrative Associate
• "Vickie is always behind the scenes, making sure everything is organized and taken care of."
• She is one of the reasons our department runs so smoothly!
Steven Clark, Instructional Labs Manager
• "Steve brings enthusiasm and fun into being part of EE."
• He gives great options to students, and is terrific to have his help prepping labs.
Ann Guerra, Faculty Administrator
• "Ann is very welcoming and efficient. She's a great resource to have!"
• She handles complicated matters quickly, without errors and is always professional.
Kara Marquez, Faculty Administrator
• "Kara's awesome; I feel lucky to work with her!"
• She takes care of a myriad of tasks—from booking international travel to buying equipment and remodeling!
LaToya Powell, Graduate Admissions Officer
• "Even during her busiest times, LaToya is gracious and helpful, always giving her fullest effort."
• She thinks beyond the status quo – helping to shape the department for a successful future.
Please join us in congratulating each of them for their outstanding work!
The Staff Gift Card Bonus Program is sponsored by the School of Engineering. Each year, the EE department receives several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond their role. Staff are chosen from nominations received from faculty, students, and staff. Past nominations are eligible for future months.
Nominate a deserving staff person or group today – nominate individuals or groups that have made a profound improvement in your daily work life. Each recipient receives a $50 Visa card. Nominations can be made at any time.