This month, Electrical Engineering recognized several staff for their outstanding effort! Please join us in acknowledging the extraordinary efforts of Vickie Carillo, Doug Chaffee, Julia Gillespie, Kenny Green, Ann Guerra, Edwin Mendoza, Helen Lin, Joe Little, and Eric Wheeler.
Each were nominated by peers, faculty and/or students for professionalism that went above and beyond their everyday roles. Gift card recipients continue to make profound and positive impact in the department's everyday work and academic environment.
Please join us in congratulating Vickie, Doug, Julia, Kenny, Ann, Edwin, Helen, Joe, and Eric. Modified excerpts from their nominations follow.
Vickie Carillo, Administrative Associate
- Vickie really helps the department run smoothly – all while remaining calm and polite.
- As a colleague, I appreciate her willingness to step in and provide assistance and support!
Doug Chaffee, ISL Faculty Administrator
- Doug's professionalism and inclusion is really inspiring.
- He works so hard on staff appreciation events, we are lucky to have him!
Julia Gillespie, Faculty Administrator
- Julia's transparency is greatly appreciated, especially when there are many people involved.
- Her work is always excellent and thoughtful.
Kenny Green, Facilities Manager
- Kenny is always pleasant and helpful and goes out of his way to find solutions for challenging problems.
- He bridges many groups and finds solutions that work for everyone — thanks, Kenny!
Ann Guerra, Faculty Administrator
- I appreciate Ann's quick responses to all my emails.
- She is so patient and willing to explain.
Helen Lin, Faculty Administrator
- Helen's support in preparing and running the ICCP 2017 was crucial to its success.
- She surpasses expectations!
Joe Little, Principal Systems Architect
- Joe is supremely efficient and responsive colleague.
- His server and networking knowledge is vast, and he's always willing to share.
Edwin Mendoza, Faculty & Staff Affairs Administrator
- His work juggling several projects simultaneously is appreciated by the department.
- Edwin's contributions as a colleague are appreciated — he is such a pleasure to work with.
Eric Wheeler, Systems and Web Developer
- His thoughtful attention is evident in his outstanding deliverables!
- Eric's expertise and ability to take on new areas is a great benefit to the department.
The Staff Gift Card Bonus Program is sponsored by the School of Engineering. Each year, the EE department receives several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond their role. Staff are chosen from nominations received from faculty, students, and staff. Past nominations are eligible for future months.
Nominate a deserving staff person or group today! We encourage you to nominate individuals or groups that have made a profound improvement in your daily work life. Each recipient receives a $50 Visa card. Nominations can be made at any time.