Join us in congratulating the efforts of five extraordinary staff. Each month, the Staff Gift Card program acknowledges staff – who have been nominated by peers, students, and faculty – for their professional contributions that are above and beyond their everyday roles. We encourage you to nominate individuals or groups that have made a profound improvement in daily work life. Each recipient receives a $50 Visa card.
Please make time to congratulate the awardees listed below, with excerpts from their nominations.
Doug Chaffee, ISL Faculty Administrator
- Doug goes above and beyond in everything he does.
- He is dependable, resourceful, and plans with foresight and detail.
Dr. Joyce Farrell, Senior Research Engineer
- Dr. Farrell displays professionalism and determination in planning, executing, and piloting major events.
- She balances both industry and academic needs, providing a collaborative, discoverable environment for each.
Marie Hamel, Faculty Administrator
- Marie is constantly going above and beyond what is expected of her. She is a lovely person and makes it fun to work in the EE Department.
- Her performance is outstanding; I'm grateful for her dedicated efforts and achievements on our affiliate programs.
Andrea Kuduk, Administrative Associate
- Andrea is an enormously reliable resource. She has taken on a big administrative overload, and is just superb!
- She is always willing to help – from assisting colleagues, to helping faculty with research activity.
Edwin Mendoza, Faculty and Staff Affairs Administrator
- Edwin is a terrific team player! He is always courteous and interested in helping out for the greater good.
- He makes an extra effort to resolve problems. His dedication and hard work is appreciated by each of his colleagues.
The Staff Gift Card Bonus Program is sponsored by the School of Engineering. Each year, the EE department receives several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond their role. Each month, staff are chosen from nominations received from faculty, students, and staff. Past nominations are eligible for future months. Nominate a deserving staff person today!