Electrical Engineering staff recognized for their outstanding effort include Fely Barrera, Daisy Chavez, John DeSilva and Helen Niu. Each were nominated by peers, faculty and/or students for professionalism that went above and beyond their everyday roles. Gift card recipients continue to make profound and positive impact in EE's everyday work and academic environment.
Please join us in congratulating Fely, Daisy, John and Helen. Excerpts from their nominations follow.
Fely Barrera, Administrative Associate
- "Fely's willingness to help is greatly appreciated."
- "She is a great resource for all of my questions."
Daisy Chavez, Graduate Admissions Specialist & Student Life Coordinator
- "Daisy's support of student organizations, like WEE and OSA, is great! She clarifies everything and is willing to help us."
- "She ensures our admissions process goes smoothly, all the while being a pleasure to work."
John DeSilva, Systems & Network Manager
- "John is the definition of reliability!"
- "He is always available, with endless patience for every question and need."
Helen Niu, Administrative Associate
- "Helen is a pleasure to work with; she's resourceful and energetic."
- "She is efficient, patient, and provides significant value to our research."
The Staff Gift Card Bonus Program is sponsored by the School of Engineering. Each year, the EE department receives several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond their role. Staff are chosen from nominations received from faculty, students, and staff. Past nominations are eligible for future months.
Nominate a deserving staff person or group today! We encourage you to nominate individuals or groups that have made a profound improvement in your daily work life. Each recipient receives a $50 Visa card. Nominations can be made at any time.