Recognized for their extraordinary efforts, two EE staff and one School of Engineering staff member, received $50 Visa gift cards. Each nominee received multiple submissions, emphasizing their key roles in the ongoing success of EE's department and programs.
The recipients, recognized for their valuable and unique contributions, are listed below with comments from their nominations:
Vickie Carillo, Administrative Associate, EE
- "Vickie makes it simple and easy to get work done— she has a very positive presence!"
- "Even when taking on new and extra tasks, Vickie is helpful, efficient and pleasant."
Eric Wheeler, Systems and Web Developer, EE
- "Eric is always willing to listen, talk through ideas and troubleshoot issues."
- "Eric is a key member of our team—I consider myself very fortunate to work with him!"
Tom Abate, Associate Director of Communications, School of Engineering
- "Tom's expertise in writing effective stories and his keen insights [...] have made him highly effective. He is simply a pleasure to work with."
- "We are thankful for his tireless efforts in communicating our research to the world [...] and creating opportunities for more coverage.
The Staff Gift Card Bonus Program is sponsored by the School of Engineering. Each year, the EE department receives several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond their role. Each month, staff are chosen from nominations received from faculty, students, and staff. Past nominations are eligible for future months. EE faculty, staff and students are welcome to nominate a deserving staff person by visiting gradapps.stanford.edu/NotableStaff/nomination/create.
Be sure to recognize the staff member, or members, that help in your accomplishments!