Two staff members each received a $50 Visa card in recognition of their extraordinary efforts as part of the department’s 2014 Staff Gift Card Bonus Program. The EE department received several new nominations in February, and previous nominations were also considered.
Following are February’s gift card recipients and some of the comments from their nominators:
Katy Klemme, Associate Director of Admissions
- “Katy is a true team player. She works collaboratively with her colleagues to handle sensitive information in special cases and works to find an optimal solution for both the students and the department.”
- “She has gone above and beyond her duties to ensure that our department is recruiting and admitting the best students.”
- “Katy has done an excellent job organizing and running the admissions system.”
J Provine, Senior Research Engineer, Integrated Circuits Lab
- “J volunteered to help with my class… He spent upwards of 4-5 weeks of lecture time plus many hours teaching the students how to use (a tool) for a class project.”
- “He goes way beyond the normal call of duty!”
The School of Engineering once again gave the EE department several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond. More people will be recognized next month, and past nominations will still be eligible for future months. EE faculty, staff and students are welcome to nominate a deserving staff person by visitinghttps://gradapps.stanford.edu/NotableStaff/nomination/create.