Congratulations to Chet Frost, Jim McVittie, Rieko Sasaki, and Suzanne Sims. They received several nominations from appreciative faculty, staff and students, praising their commitment that goes above and beyond the ordinary! Excerpts from the nominations are below.
The staff gift card recipients make profound and positive impact in our department's everyday work and academic environment.
Please join us in congratulating each of them.
Chet Frost, Faculty Administrator, Electrical Engineering
- "Chet is efficient, upbeat, easy to work with, patient, pleasant, and an excellent problem solver!"
- His attitude towards handling both his regular and any excess work, is beyond outstanding.
Jim McVittie, Senior Scientist, Electrical Engineering
- He is a miracle worker when it comes to maintaining and fixing tools– our lab would not run without him!
- Jim is a one-man maintenance machine! His contributions to Allen labs and SNF is unparalleled.
Rieko Sasaki, Faculty Administrator, Electrical Engineering
- She is a great asset to our team!
- Rieko has generously cleaned up many projects that others left unfinished, and she handles it all with a positive, genuinely helpful attitude.
Suzanne Sims, Faculty Administrator, Electrical Engineering
- Whenever she has an opportunity to organize and/or optimize, she does – and always to the benefit of everyone.
- Suzanne is extremely supportive, and a valuable resource to the department.
The Staff Gift Card Bonus Program is sponsored by the School of Engineering. Each year, the EE department receives several gift cards to distribute to staff members who have been recognized for going above and beyond their role. Staff are chosen from nominations received from faculty, students, and staff. Past nominations are eligible for future months.
Consider nominating a deserving staff person, or group, today. Each recipient receives a $50 Visa card. Nominations can be made at any time.
Nominations may be submitted at any time. There are no restrictions on the quantity, persons or groups that you can nominate. Submitters are asked to include a citation of how the group or person went above and beyond. The submitter can choose to remain anonymous. Nominate a deserving colleague today.