About the event:
The Stanford Compression Workshop will be held remotely.
The workshop is a gathering of people from academia and industry interested in new and improved ways to model, represent, store, compress, query, process, communicate and protect the data the world is amassing.
Talks at the workshop encompasses diverse areas, including:
- genomic data compression
- quantum information
- video compression with an emphasis on perceptual quality
- DNA-based data storage
- computation on compressed and distributed data
- virtual theater technologies
- compression of neural network models
- use of neural networks for data compression
Panels with experts from both industry and academia:
- (25th Feb) Compression and streaming technologies for live theater
- (26th Feb) DNA-based data storage
- The workshop will include a poster session, showcasing recent research in the broad area of data compression and its applications.
- Abstract submissions for works related to any of the talks, panels and beyond are highly encouraged.
- The poster session will also be virtual and will be organized on gather.town.
- More details will be sent to registered participants later.
We look forward to (virtually) seeing you at the workshop!
Stanford Compression Workshop 2021 Organizers, Pulkit Tandon, Shubham Chandak, Tsachy Weissman