For this Wednesday's workshop (7pm, as usual), we are lucky to have Bob Martin, the "Wizard of Make" from Atmel/Microchip, come in and teach a workshop about debugging embedded systems. We'll be working with the smart plugs from previous workshops, so if you have one, please bring it. If you weren't a part of the smart plug workshops, but are interested in learning about debugging, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll figure something out for you.
From Bob, to participate in the workshop, you'll also need:
- Windows 7 or 10 laptop (Macs OK if running a Windows image inside virtual box or parallels but there's always issues with USB)
- Atmel Studio 7 (latest version installed)
- download off line installer, it's a bigger download but things will go faster
- At the bottom of the first install screen - uncheck - check for updates on web
- next install screen, only install AVR 8 bit, do not install AVR32 or SMART ARM, these options can be installed later
- next install screen uncheck option for installing ASF (Atmel Software Framework) , it's not needed and save a lot of time and disk space