Spend a quarter abroad, obtain valuable teaching experience, and get paid doing it – apply for the Teaching Fellowship in Kyoto, Japan!
Currently, the EE Department is looking to fill one Teaching Fellow position for the Bing Overseas Studies Program (BOSP) in Kyoto, Japan. The BOSP is managed by Stanford's Overseas Studies Program (OSP) office, and is a Stanford Center for Technology and Innovation (SCTI) initiative in Kyoto. Additionally, it is an enriching experience and great opportunity for EE students who wish to gain further teaching experience and travel abroad.
- A stipend which follows the structure currently in place on the Stanford Campus.
- Health care subsidy
- Round trip airfare for the TF and optionally for the spouse/partner.
Overseas Studies provides funding for this position to compensate for the location of the position and the impacts that this has on the TF's daily life. Overseas Studies provides the following funding:
- Housing of an apartment in Kyoto including utilities and local phone service. This will match the accommodations offered to Stanford Students who stay in apartments.
- A Supplementary Meal Allowance equal to the current apartment student meal allowance to supplement living expenses while in Japan.
Reimbursements and support for living expenses while in Kyoto will be managed by the Kyoto Center Office.
- ENGR 40M in Spring 2018 in Kyoto