The materials outlined below are required by the EE department when applying for the coterm:
1. Stanford Transcript (Unofficial)
- When prompted in the online application, please upload an unofficial copy of your transcript (do not request an official eTranscript).
- Transfer Students: Please list your previous institution(s) under Educational History in the online application, and upload an unofficial copy of each transcript.
2. GRE Scores
The GRE General Test is required of all EE coterm applicants. Two modes of submitting GRE scores are required:
- Official test scores must be reported directly to Stanford from Educational Testing Service (ETS). Stanford’s ETS institutional code is 4704; an individual department code number is not necessary. Please be sure to list Stanford University (Graduate Institution) as a Score Recipient - we will not receive scores sent to the Undergraduate Institution.
- Unofficial test scores must be reported on the online application, including an upload of your score report from ETS.
3. Statement of Purpose
Succinctly describe your reasons for applying to the MS program, which may include:
- Preparation for this field of study
- Motivation for graduate study
- Why our program is a good fit for you
- Future career plans
- Other relevant aspects of your background and interests
The statement should not exceed two (2) pages, single-spaced.
4. Letters of Recommendation (3)
A maximum and minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation are required. Our Admissions Committee is charged with evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study in Electrical Engineering. Therefore:
- Letters should come from academic (or professional) references that speak to your academic and/or research background.
- Two (2) letters from EE faculty are strongly preferred.
- Recommenders should know you well and be able to comment on your strengths as well as your potential for graduate study in Electrical Engineering.
You may submit your online application before your letters of recommendation are submitted.
5. Application Fee
A coterm application fee of $125 will be assessed for each coterm application. This fee will be added to your University Bill, should you be admitted to the program and choose to accept the offer of admission.