You are here
EE Undergraduate Honors Program
About the Program
The Electrical Engineering Department offers a program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with Honors. This program offers a unique opportunity for qualified undergraduate majors to conduct independent study and research at an advanced level with a faculty mentor, graduate students, and fellow undergraduates.
- Submit an application, including the thesis proposal, by autumn quarter of senior year signed by the thesis advisor (must be a member of the Electrical Engineering faculty).
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 3.5 in Electrical Engineering courses.
- Complete at least 10 units of EE 191 with the thesis advisor.
- Attend the Electrical Engineering Honors Symposium at the end of Spring quarter and give a poster or oral presentation.
- Submit one final copy of the honors thesis, signed by the thesis advisor, to Darlene Lazar in the Engineering Dean’s Office Huang 135 no later than the Wednesday before graduation. The thesis itself may be stapled or clipped, it does not have to be bound.
Fill out the application form (pdf).
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact:
Degree Progress Officer