Pedagogy Reading Group
From Electrical Engineering TA Handbook
Pedagogy Reading Group Resources[[|
We invite you to join us in the CA Pedagogy Reading Group!
This group is open to all EE CAs and TAs who are interested in reading and discussing pedagogical topics and issues related to teaching. We meet two to three times each quarter to discuss articles (less than 25 pages per session) that help to inform our teaching practice. Some of the topics will be directly connected to the CA quarterly workshops and some may be new. Reading materials are available online in the TA Handbook at the beginning of each quarter.
Explore pedagogical topics in greater detail through reading and discussion. All CAs are welcome to join. The reading group will meet on the following dates during Autumn Quarter in Packard 204:
Monday, October 11
Wednesday, October 20
Tuesday, November 16
The goals of the CA Pedagogy Reading Group:
• Create a space in which ideas can be shared and open dialogue about teaching can occur
• Bridge pedagogical theories and practices
• Foster a community of teachers and scholars who are committed to the practice of teaching
Pedagogy Reading Group Materials
Monday, October 11: Time Management & Self Management
• Ailamaki, A.; Gehrke, J. (2003). Time Management for New Faculty 32(2), 102-106. Retrieved September 28, 2010 from .
Wednesday, October 20: Managing Effect Grading
• Davis, B.G. (1993) Tools for Teaching. Jossey-Bass: San Fransisco. Retrieved August 10, 2010 from 
• Moskal, Barbara M. (2000). Scoring rubrics: what, when and how?. Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation, 7(3). Retrieved August 10, 2010 from http://PAREonline.net/getvn.asp?v=7&n=3
Tuesday, November 16: What is Diversity Pedagogy and how can I incorporate it into teaching?
• Sheet, R.H. (2009). What Is Diversity Pedagogy? 16 (3), 11-17. Retrieved September 16, 2010 from http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/search/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=EJ847137&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=EJ847137.
• Fogg, P. (2007). A Dozen Teaching Tips for Diverse Classrooms, Retrieved August 8, 2010 from