User:WikiWes77/Wikipedia Editor's Reference and Tools
From Electrical Engineering TA Handbook
(What I wish I knew when I began editing)
Now that I've been on Wikipedia for a little while (See my Contributions), I will attempt to compile a list of tools, tips, and helpful articles for my use and for others, if they wish. I want to be concise, but go beyond what is included in user welcome templates and provide organization.
Where to get Help
- Wikipedia:New contributors' help page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Leave messages at the Village pump to discuss Wikipedia policies, issues, etc. with editors.
- Category:Wikipedia help for more help pages.
What Editors Should Know
- Wikipedia:Five pillars (Summary of official policies and guidelines)
(Often used on talk pages)
- Wikipedia:Tutorial (Good place to start)
- How to write a great article
- Wikipedia:Avoiding common mistakes
- Wikipedia:How to edit a page
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style -an extensive guide on article organization, punctuation, grammar, etc.
- Article rating system