From Electrical Engineering TA Handbook
Details on the use of timeline syntax can be found at m:Help:EasyTimeline syntax.
For an example of the <timeline></timeline> syntax in use, see Template:Timeline Europe.
The script commands define:
- Overall layout: ImageSize, PlotArea, Colors, BackgroundColors, AlignBars
- Interpretation and presentation of dates and periods: DateFormat, Period, ScaleMajor, ScaleMinor, TimeAxis
- Events, periods and descriptive texts: PlotData, TextData
- How to order, divide, and name groups of events and periods: BarData, Legend, LineData
- Shorthands for pieces of script code that occur multiple times: Define
The following commands are mandatory: ImageSize, PlotArea, Period and TimeAxis. At least one of the following commands is required: PlotData and/or TextData. Either or both can occur multiple times. All other commands are optional.