Join us in congratulating the efforts of three extraordinary staff. Each month, the Staff Gift Card program acknowledges staff for their professional contributions that are above and beyond their everyday roles. Because they are nominated by peers, students, and faculty – we encourage you to nominate individuals or groups that have made a profound improvement in your daily work life. Each recipient receives a $50 Visa card, and sincere recognition for their commitment.
Congratulations to the awardees listed below. Excerpts from their nominations follow.
Vickie Carillo, Administrative Associate
- "Vickie helps plans staff events, assists department visitors, and fields a variety of questions."
- "She goes above and beyond, humbly helping to keep our department running smoothly every day."
Meo Kittiwanich, Degree Progress Officer
- "Meo seamlessly maintained, then transitioned student services functions to a new staff member, all while taking on a new role herself."
- "She is supportive and detail-oriented. Holding a high standard for herself, she is always prepared and organized."
Kelly Yilmaz, Program Manager
- "Kelly is organized, resourceful and dependable."
- "She is the go-to person for industry visitors, and others. Kelly is always able to find a creative solution if there is an issue."
The Staff Gift Card Bonus Program is sponsored by the School of Engineering. Each year, the EE department receives several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond their role. Each month, staff are chosen from nominations received from faculty, students, and staff. Past nominations are eligible for future months. Nominate a deserving staff person today!