Four staff members each received a $50 Visa card in recognition of their extraordinary efforts as part of the department’s 2014 Staff Gift Card Bonus Program. The EE department received new nominations in May, and previous nominations were also considered.
Following are May’s gift card recipients and some of the comments from their nominators:
Fely Barrera, Administrative Associate
- “Fely handled all the logistics (of an 80-person workshop)… and found various ways to lower the cost. She went way beyond the normal call of duty.”
- “She is always cheerful, organized and on top of everything.”
Amy Duncan, Degree Progress Officer
- “Amy does an exceptional job in advising student about the ways and policies of EE. Her patience and knowledge makes the challenging process of achieving success in the EE degree programs much easier for our students.”
- “She is a delight to work with.”
Karin Sligar, Assistant to the Chair
- “Karin offers help before you ask. She often says, ‘Let me know how I can help.’”
- “She is a true team player.”
Eric Wheeler, Web and Systems Administrator
- “Eric has gone way beyond the call of duty to ensure that EE has the best of most useful website possible. He’s taken difficult specifications and found unique and creative ways to implement them.”
- “His willingness to try things over and over until people are happy has been a blessing.”
The School of Engineering once again gave the EE department several gift cards to distribute to staff members who are recognized for going above and beyond. More people will be recognized next month, and past nominations will still be eligible for future months. EE faculty, staff and students are welcome to nominate a deserving staff person by visiting https://gradapps.stanford.edu/NotableStaff/nomination/create.