From EE Commencement
Main University Ceremony Information
Please visit the Stanford University Commencement website for information.
EE Diploma Ceremony Information
Lunch will be served beginning at 12:00pm at the Medical School Dean's Lawn. The Dean's Lawn is located at the corner of Campus Drive West and Roth Way, next to the James H. Clark Center.
The EE Department Diploma Ceremony will be held at the Medical School Alumni Lawn from 1:00-3:00pm. The Alumni Lawn is located on Campus Drive West, between the James H. Clark Center and Li Ka Shing Center (around the corner from the Dean's Lawn). Click here for an aerial map of the ceremony site. Click here for a visitor map.
There is limited parking available close to the ceremony site. Please plan to arrive early and drop off any guests with limited mobility before parking. Parking will be available in the parking structure in front of the Dean’s Lawn (Parking Structure 1, at the corner of Campus Drive West and Roth Way). There will also be parking at Parking Structure 2, at the corner of Via Ortega and Panama Street. A map of the surrounding area can be found online. For information on any available Marguerite Shuttle routes for that Sunday, click here.
The Stanford and EE ceremonies have open seating and tickets are not required. We recommend that you arrive early for the best seats. Seats will be set up at 11:00 a.m., should families choose to arrive early and reserve seating. Please note that personal items should not be left on the seats as no security will be available. The department reserves seats in advance only for guests in wheelchairs or who need special access at the EE ceremony.
If any guests need special accommodations, please contact Amy Duncan at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or 650-723-3194 by May 31, 2013 to make the necessary arrangements. Accommodations for the main Stanford ceremony should be requested by May 24, 2013.
Some Tips to Make the Ceremony More Enjoyable…
• Dress for the heat; light clothing is advisable.
• Hats, visors, and sun block are recommended.
• Comfortable, close-toed shoes are recommended for walking across campus.
• We recommend that guests eat a hearty breakfast and pack a snack. Light refreshments will be available for purchase at the Stanford Stadium. Lunch will be served before the EE Diploma Ceremony from 12:00-1:00pm (vegetarian options will be available). Cupcakes and punch will be served at the reception following the EE ceremony at 2:30pm.
• Water will be available at both ceremony locations. You may wish to bring your own water as well.
• We regret that umbrellas will not be permitted at either ceremony, since they block the view of other guests.
Smoking Guidelines: Smoking is prohibited in outdoor locations where arranged seating (fixed or temporary) is provided for programs or events. Outdoor locations include, but are not limited to, the Main Quadrangle, Stanford Stadium, amphitheaters, and courtyards.