Adding an MS Degree

Current Stanford graduate students in a department outside of EE may be eligible to apply for the MS in Electrical Engineering through the Graduate Program Authorization Petition (Grad Auth).


Please consult the Graduate Program Authorization Petition page on the Registrar's website for eligibility requirements for the petition.

Please note that our department requires students to have completed a minimum of two (2) full-time quarters (excluding summer) of technical coursework before adding a degree in EE. For example, if you entered Stanford in autumn quarter, the earliest term for which you can apply is spring quarter of that academic year.

Students with a technical background in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or the hard sciences are welcome to apply.

Effective Autumn 2016: Students currently enrolled in a PhD program at Stanford may apply through the Grad Auth process. MS students who wish to add or transfer to the EE-MS program will need to apply through the full-time application process.

Related Links for Current Stanford Students