Welcome 2016 graduates, family, faculty, and friends! Graduates and their guests are welcome to attend both the Stanford University Commencement Ceremony and the EE Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, June 12, 2016.
2016 EE Commencement Ceremony was Sunday, June 12, 2016
- 12:00 - 1:00pm: Light lunch (vegetarian options are available), Medical School Dean's Lawn.
The Dean's Lawn is located at the corner of Campus Drive West and Roth Way, next to the James H. Clark Center.
- 1:00pm: Students and faculty line-up behind Fairchild Center
- 1:30pm: Ceremony, Medical School Alumni Lawn The Alumni Lawn is located on Campus Drive West, between the James H. Clark Center and the Li Ka Shing Center (around the corner from the Dean's Lawn). Photos will be taken as students receive their diploma folder on stage. Please do not block the photographer's line of sight.
- Procession of Degree Candidates & Faculty
- Welcoming Remarks Professor Abbas El Gamal
- Student Project Awards presented by Professor John Pauly
- Centennial Teaching Assistant Award presented by Professor Abbas El Gamal
- The James F. Gibbons Outstanding Student Teaching Award presented by Professor Abbas El Gamal
- Chair's Award for Outstanding Contributions to Undergraduate Education presented by Professor Abbas El Gamal
- Presentation of Other Awards
- Student Speech presented by Cynthia Dalmady
- Presentation of Diplomas and Hooding Ceremony
- Professor Tom Lee, Undergraduates; Professors Joe Kahn and Sanjay Lall, Masters; Professor Roger Howe, PhDs
Marshal: Professor Juan Rivas-Davila
Assistant Marshals: Professor John Pauly, Professor Amin Arbabian, Professor Mark Horowitz
- 3:00pm: Reception, Medical School Dean's Lawn
The reception immediately follows the ceremony. Please join us for cookies and punch.
Tickets, RSVP: No tickets or RSVP required. There is also no limit to the number of guests you may bring.
There is limited parking available close to the ceremony site. Please plan to arrive early and drop off any guests with limited mobility before parking. Parking will be available in the parking structure in front of the Dean’s Lawn (Roth Way Garage, at the corner of Campus Drive West and Roth Way). There will also be parking at the Via Ortega Garage, at the corner of Via Ortega and Panama Street.
The Stanford Commencement and EE Commencement have open seating and tickets are not required. We recommend that you arrive early for the best seats. Seats will be set up at 11:00am, should families choose to arrive early and reserve seating. Please note that personal items should not be left on the seats as no security will be available. The department reserves seats in advance only for guests in wheelchairs or who need special access at the EE ceremony.
If any guests need to reserve up to 4 seats at the diploma ceremony site, please contact Meo Kittiwanich at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 723-6539 by May 27, 2016 to make the necessary arrangements. Accommodations for the main Stanford ceremony should be requested by May 27, 2016.
Please note that the department does not have access to wheelchairs or golf carts, so these will not be provided at the department's diploma ceremony and reception sites. Guests are responsible for arranging their own transportation in and around the campus.
Smoking is prohibited in outdoor locations where arranged seating (fixed or temporary) is provided for programs or events. Outdoor locations include, but are not limited to, the Main Quadrangle, Stanford Stadium, amphitheaters, and courtyards.
Questions? Contact Meo Kittiwanich, EE Degree Progress Officer, at email@example.com or (650) 723-6539.
Related Links for Commencement
|Applying to Graduate|
|Ordering Caps and Gowns|